Veverska Bytiska is a small town with only about 2780 citizens. It lies approximately 25 kilometres from Brno’s city centre toward Svratka upstream on the junction of Bily potok and Svratka. It is set in a beautiful valley, almost totally surrounded by woods. But the Brno’s border is nearby and the catle Veveri is located in Brno’s precinct Brno- mesto. The end of the Brnenska prehrada water-reservoir lies in Veverska Bytiska and there is destination of recreation shipping too. The dominant feature is the church of St. Jakub, originally built in gothic style rebuilt in baroque period in 1771-82. The village has been connected by railway line with Kurm. The remains of track can be seen there.